Make sure to go over all these notes before next Thursday, especially if you missed this past Thursday. We do not have many time to run this performance so the more prepared you can be the better this performance will turn out! Thank you in advance.
- The walks forward MUST be slower!
- During Diana's entrance: we sway out to the side, make sure to take 8 counts totally. 4 counts to sway out, 4 counts to sway in and then on the following 1 count, raise your hands together as a group to begin Funeral 1 choreography.
- All dancers must have energy in upper body performing all arm choreography.
- Timing with hands: VIDEO BELOW!
- When falling to the ground, have more suspense in fall.
- The roll choreography has changed for lines 1 and 2.
- Stage Left if early in the floor choreography. Watch CASEY for timing!
- Siblings: have more rebound in jump when arms out.
- Siblings: Hit a C-Curve when you are rolling up and holding.
- Alix: go over parents choreography with Jeovanni.
- Chelsea: go over trio with Parents upstage.
- After long hold, when Diana is dancing, watch MACY for timing staring the following phrase work. It should be on the 7 count but Macy hears a change in the singers voice. Please go off her timing. She is adding a breath.
- All dancers make the gesture work on floor more realistic.
- Watch spacing in the ending horizontal line when dancers make the sign of the cross.
- Keep the walks slow as you exit the stage.
- No twist before fall; just fall to the ground.
- More movement in body when rolling with leg in parallel attitude.
- Totally disconnect to the audience. Make the audience feel like you are the only one in the room.
- Right before fall at the end before Triangle choreography, make steps wider.
- Wait for the sound of the wind to stand up.
- Watch formation for the scoot back choreography. Bree and Jazlyn should always split center in this dance with downstage horizontal lines.
- Jeo and Lix: watch the bent leg while doing choreography in center.
- EVERYONE: go over choreography we forgot during Jazlyn & Jeovanni's part.
- Have more connection with one another.
- After Sash: Have a slow hand raise up before we look at the missing person.
- More arch to the back in downstage horizontal line with left hand behind head. Make your focus upwards, not out.
- Think about the second arm in the "Magnetic Force" First Veronica, the Caila, then Bree. - Add that second arm as a comfort to the person to your left.
- Jeovanni: Arms changed in the first turn.
- Jeovanni: Live in your drunk walks forward.
- Jeovanni: stretch leg all the way before shooting your foot.
- Alix: Watch spacing when Jeovanni runs to you, don't be so far away.
- Jeovanni: Play with flexing your feet on ground as you lay on your back.
- Remember the new levels in the circle when Diana is in the center.
- Veronica and Caila: Make sure to split center for diagonal line.
- EVERYONE: Cross arms in Passe in ripple upstage.
- Alix: Go over ending choreography in ending circle.
- Casey: watch how you hold the candle towards the audience, and put it down on stage,
- Play more with how you are getting to the spot to put the candle down.
- On slow part as we do wind arms up or down. Everyone should be up on in releve, not on their heels.
- Remember the diagonal choreography - the order of movement*
- Upstage Horizontal Line Coupe turn IS NOW A DOUBLE!!!
- Casey: late timing after the arms circle around your body and candle.
- NEED TO LEARN TRANSITION TO THE NEXT PIECE.
- Macy: do not hunch in chug step.
- Be more aggressive with "Just as much as cars" arms throws.
- NEED TO LEARN TRANSITION TO GROUP FORMATION.
- Chelsea: slower walks coming on stage.
- More embrace as arms come around before Diana's entrance. Make it look more hug material than ballet arms.
- Watch Timing before the beat drops.
- Macy: Make sure to set up in the third line when starting choreography.
- Everyone: Remember choreography before fast part.
- Timing before ripple. We were late.
- As you dance with your arms, make sure to have energy in your finger tips and carve your way through space, providing a purpose to your movement.
- NEED TO LEARN ENDING CHOREOGRAPHY: ALL GESTURE WORK
- Casey: have more time in the final thrashes so you don't end with too much time.
- Make sure walk on stage are slow!
- Parents create a plan b in case the dancers walk too fast.
- EVERYONE: Have more connection with one another throughout this entire show.
- Ariel and Macy: Don't forget we added a look at each other in the middle of the duets.
- Number of walks is set coming on stage for the second time in this piece. There should be a total of 8 walks and then step out on the 9TH!
- Follow Caila for the way we run into the diagonal line.
- Watch timing at end, we were super late, we have to be on top of our A Game for this choreography.
- In ripple off the floor: DO NOT FORGET TO TAP/TOUCH THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU SO THEY KNOW TO GO!
- The ending walks changed direction on stage Left: FOLLOW Kayla!
FUNERAL 1 TIMING VIDEO:
THIS IS THE CORRECT TIMING.
As you can tell, each movement has its own timing with the singers voice. Listen closely for the timing. I will do this with other parts of the show and will put it on this site so you can all practice before next Thursday! (PS i messed up one part and didn't cross my arms before putting my hands on my mouth. Make sure they are crossed. but everything else is correct.